Baked Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
I Never used to like brussel sprouts at all, until my sister gave me this recipe and now they are one of my favourite veggies to eat!
- Brussel sprouts (the picture above is enough for about 2-3 people)
- Salt and pepper
- Bacon (sugar free)
- If you don't use bacon, drizzle with cooking oil (see Making Vegetables Delicious for which oils I suggest using)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Slice brussel sprouts in half or if they are large, quarter them.
- Lay them cut side up in a baking dish or on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Slice bacon into thin strips. I used 3 slices for the above picture. Place one slice on top of each brussel sprout. As they cook, the bacon fat will soak into the sprout, making it delicious.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until they are soft and starting to brown.