Baked Sweet Potato
These have been a weekly staple in our house for years now. Sweet potatoes are quite gentle on your digestive system and are delicious. Have them as a side or add them to a baked veggie bowl or salad.
- Sweet potatoes - I find that a large one will make two servings.
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil per large potato (I use Canola, see Making Vegetables Delicious for other suggestions)
- Salt and pepper
Optional: minced garlic, fresh or dried herbs (basil, chives, cilantro, dill, parsley, rosemary, sage or thyme)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut potatoes into 1/4 inch slices or fries and place into a large bowl with the vegetable oil, salt, pepper, and any extras herbs. Toss the potatoes around until they are all even coated. Arrange the potatoes in a single layer onto a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, flipping over after 15 minutes. They tend to brown up pretty quickly towards the end so keep an eye on them after 30 minutes.
Nutritional Content: Per half a large sweet potato
Calories - 142, Carbs - 19 g, Fat 7 g, Protein - 2 g, Fibre - 3 g, Sugar - 6 g