These are a delicious alternative to regular pancake mix you buy at the store. Comprised of all whole ingredients, these pancakes will leave you feeling light and satisfied instead of bloated and heavy - perfect for a being productive on the weekend!
Yields about 5 pancakes
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole oats
- dash of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Optional - Fresh fruit and Real Maple Syrup (the Aunt Jemima kind is high fructose corn syrup).
- Blend all ingredients in a blender. Let stand for a few minutes to thicken.
- Heat a skillet or pan to medium heat and add butter or oil of your choice (I use canola or coconut).
- Once the pan is hot, add the batter and flip after a few minutes, once the batter has formed enough to do so. Re oil the pan between pancakes.
Nutritional Information: without Pure Maple syrup which is 52 calories and 13 g of sugar per tbsp.
Per Pancake: Calories - 99, Carb - 15 g, Fat - 3 g, Protein - 4.5 g, Fibre - 2 g, Sugar - 6 g
If you are really hungry or have a huge appetite like my husband eat the whole recipe! There's no shame, its all whole foods.
Calories - 493, Carb - 76, Fat - 14 g, Protein - 22, Fibre - 10 g, Sugar - 29 g