Yields one serving. Double or triple the recipe to make a few for later!
- 1/2 cup strong coffee
- 1/2 cup milk or a plant milk alternative (I use unsweetened soy milk. It's low in sugar, 1 g, and has 4g of protein per 1/2 cup, plus calcium(!), which many plant milks lack)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp peanut butter for layers
- In a saucepan, bring the coffee and milk (or plant milk) to a boil, and then turn down the heat to medium. Add the rolled oats and salt, and stir well.
- Add the cocoa powder, vanilla extract and peppermint extract. Sweeten with maple syrup.
- When the oats have cooked and are creamy, transfer the oatmeal to a jar or mug, stopping after each third to add a layer of peanut butter. Top with chocolate chips, fruit or candy cane! Yum!
- Enjoy it warm, or put in the fridge for later. Store for up to 3 days.
Calories: 421, Carb - 54 g, Fat - 18 g, Protein - 15 g, Sugar - 16 g, Fibre - 9 g
The nutritional information is with unsweetened soy milk.
Recipe adapted from The Breakfast Drama Queen