Basic Cloud Bread
Cloud bread is a light, fluffy grain-free alternative to bread, perfect for using in place of regular bread, pizza dough or an english muffin for a low carb (no carb, if you use stevia), and high protein alternative.
Yields 6 pieces
- 3 eggs, yolk and white separated
- pinch of cream of tartar (try not to substitute this, it's important for setting the eggs)
- 3 tbsp cream cheese, room temperature or you can use plain Greek Yogurt as a substitute.
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp unrefined coconut sugar (or sugar of your choice. Maple syrup or honey are other unrefined sugar options or you could also use stevia if you wanted to use a natural sweetener for zero sugar)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, tin foil, or spray with oil.
- Separate the eggs, keeping the whites and yolks in separate bowls.
- If you have an electric mixer, use it for this step, if not, get ready for a few minutes of whisking! Add a pinch of cream of tartar to the egg whites and whip until they are stiff. Set aside.
- Whisk the yolks with room temperature cream cheese, salt and sweetener or sugar of your choice until completely blended and creamy.
- Fold the yolk mixture into the whites very carefully. Do not blend, only stir gently until combined.
- Spoon out 6 portions onto your baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until they are puffy and golden brown.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Nutritional Information: Per piece
Made with full fat cream cheese:
Calories - 62, Carbs - 2 g, Fat - 4 g, Protein - 4 g, Sugar - 2 g.
Made with plain Greek yogurt:
Calories - 40, Carbs - 1 g, Fat - 2 g, Protein - 4 g, Sugar - 1 g.