Flourless Oatmeal Peanut Butter and Dark Chocolate Cookies
Soft and chewy, with the delicious flavour of peanut butter and chocolate! These cookies are low carb and relatively low in sugar.
Yields 2 dozen
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or regular sugar, but I like to use unrefined coconut sugar)
- 1/4 cup butter, at room temp
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 1/4 cups oats
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup your choice of nuts, raisins, or other dried fruit
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees
- Beat together the sugar, butter and peanut butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Add baking soda, eggs, honey, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg to the bowl and mix until well combined then add the oats slowly to the mix.
- Stir in the dark chocolate, nuts and/or dried fruit.
- Form cookies into flatten balls and place onto a greased cookie sheet or onto parchment paper or tin foil
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cookies begin to brown.
Nutritional Information: per cookie with 1/4 cup walnuts
Calories - 110, Carbs - 13 g, Fat - 6 g, Protein - 2 g, Fat - 1 g, Sugar - 6 g.
*Recipe adapted from www.dishingdelish.com