Golden Milk Overnight Oats
Golden milk is milk with turmeric, ginger, cardamom and cinnamon. Together, they have a delicious aroma and when combined with honey, they make a tasty milk beverage.
Yields 2 servings
- 1 tbsp honey, or more to taste
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups milk or plant milk
- 1 1/3 cups rolled oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- Golden Milk from above
- Fresh fruit and honey for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine the honey, turmeric, ginger, cardamom and cinnamon. Stir to combine. Heat a few tablespoons of the milk (or plant milk) and stir in to melt the honey. Once fully blended, add the rest of the milk. Taste and add more honey if you'd like it sweeter.
- Combine oats, chia and hemp seeds. Add in golden milk and stir to combine. Spoon or pour into jars or mugs. Cover and chill overnight or up to 3 days. Serve with fresh fruit and honey.
Nutritional Information for one serving:
Calories - 327, Carbs - 38 g, Fat - 14 g, Protein - 14 g, Sugar - 9 g, Fibre - 10 g.
The nutritional information is with unsweetened soy milk.
Recipe adapted from The Bojon Gourmet