This Greek Salad is a staple in my weekly diet. It is so light and fresh, it leaves you feeling satisfied but light. Its full of nutrients and whole foods.
- 2-4 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tomato
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 beefsteak tomato
- 1 red onion
- 1 cucumber
- 1 green pepper
- 1-2 tbsp chopped dill
- 1-2 tbsp chopped mint
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted olives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200 g feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 425. Place chicken breasts in a baking dish with a splash of lemon juice and a drizzle of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook chicken breasts for 30-40 minutes until the internal temperature is 170. Let stand while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Chop all the tomatoes into different shapes and sizes and add to a medium sized bowl. Thinly slice the onion and chop up the cucumber. Add both to the bowl of tomatoes. Deseed the green pepper and thinly slice. Add to bowl.
- Chop the herbs and add to the bowl. Squeeze out the juice of the olives into the bowl and add them as well.
- Take the feta out of its juice and blot with a paper towel. Chop or crumble it and add it to the bowl.
- Cube the chicken breasts and add them to the bowl.
- Add a pinch of salt, the vinegar and olive oil. Toss everything together and let stand for a few minutes to let the flavours mingle.
- Garnish with more herbs and sprinkle dried oregano over the top.
Adapted from Jamie Oliver