IF YOU ARE ON THE FENCE ABOUT KALE, THIS SALAD WILL TURN YOU INTO A FAN.
This is always a favourite at family gatherings.
Yields 4 servings
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 clove Garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Pine Nuts, toasted (optional)
- 1/2 cup Oil Packed Semi Dried Tomatoes, drained and chopped
- Grated Parmesan to garnish
- Trim and discard the thick centre rib from each kale leaf. Stack the leaves and cut into thin strips across the width.
- In a large bowl, toss leaves with olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, pine nuts, and tomatoes. Let salad stand at room temperature for 15 minutes to allow the flavours to blend and the kale to soften slightly.