This homemade maple granola recipe is perfect for adding some crunch to your yogurt or kefir.
Yields: 14, 1/2 cup servings
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon to taste.
- You can swap in the following for any ingredients you don't have or add them as extras: dried cranberries, raisins, walnuts, pumpkin spice, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, almonds, hemp hearts, coconut and sunflower seeds.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, oil, water, salt, and cinnamon until well combined.
- Poor the liquid over the oat and nut mixture, and stir until it is evenly coated.
- Spread evenly onto a cookie sheet and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 25 minutes to ensure even browning.
- Add it to yogurt, kefir or milk with berries and enjoy!
Nutritional Information - per half cup
Calories - 381, Carbs - 26 g, Fat - 20 g, Protein - 11 g, Fibre - 6 g, Sugar - 5 g.