Cinnamon Overnight Oats with a Chocolate Cashew Cream Topping
This is a really decadent overnight oat recipe full of 17 g of protein, 11 g of fibre and all natural sugar.
Yields 2 Servings
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup milk or plant milk (I suggest using the unsweetened version of plant milks)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts (or chia seeds, or freshly ground flaxseed)
- 1/4 cup cashews (soaked in water for 2 hours and then drained)
- 2 dates
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 - 1/8 cup milk or plant milk or more depending on the consistency you would like to achieve.
- Fresh fruit and dark chocolate chunks to garnish
- Add all of the ingredients into a bowl and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into two separate jars or mugs.
- Soak the cashews in water for 2 hours.
- Drain the cashews and add them and the rest of the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. If you would like it to be more of a pudding like consistency, you may want to add a bit more plant milk until it's the consistency you prefer.
- Pour half of the topping onto each portion of the oats mixture and set aside in the fridge for a minimum of 6 hours, or overnight.
Nutritional Information: For one serving (1/2 of the recipe)
Without topping - Calories - 283, Carbs - 38 g, Fat - 9 g, Protein - 12 g, Fibre - 7 g, Sugar - 7 g.
With topping - Calories - 447, Carbs - 62 g, Fat - 16 g, Protein - 17 g, Fibre - 11 g, Sugar - 23 g