Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
Yields 1 serving
- 1/2 cup milk or unsweetened plant milk (I use soy)
- 3/4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp (natural) peanut or almond butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
Add 1/2 a scoop of protein powder for added protein or if you like a bit more of a pudding like consistency.
And now that I think about it, this one might be good with some bacon.....
- In a small mixing bowl, add milk (or plant milk), chia seeds, peanut butter (or other nut/seed butter) and maple syrup and stir to combine. The nut butter doesn't have to be completely mixed with the milk.
- Add oats and stir to combine. Spoon mixture into a jar or mug, cover and store in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours and up to 2 days.
- Add cinnamon to taste and/or fruit for topping. Enjoy!
Calories - 447, Carb - 56 g, Fat - 21 g, Protein - 16 g, Sugar - 16 g, Fibre - 11 g
The nutritional information is with unsweetened soy milk.
Adapted from Minimalist Baker