Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats
PUmpkin spice overnight oats
These turned out better than I had even anticipated. If you are a pumpkin spice person you will love these to start your day. They are high in protein and fibre and low in unrefined sugar.
Yields 1 serving
- 1/2 cup milk or your choice of unsweetened plant milk
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground flax (adds a nice nutty flavour), you could add chia or hemp seeds, if you prefer.
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
Optional - chopped walnuts or any nut of your choice.
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and stir until combined. Poor into a jar or cup/container with a lid. Let sit in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight. Add the walnuts and enjoy!
- What to do with all that extra pumpkin puree - Make 2 or 3 at a time or portion it into smaller containers/bags and freeze or keep in the fridge to make more.
Nutritional Information: per serving
Calories - 282, Carb - 32 g, Fat - 6 g, Protein - 9 g, Fibre - 6 g, Sugar - 7 g