Roasted Tomatos with Balsamic Drizzle
These tomatoes are so flavourful and delicious; they are hands down my favourite vegetable dish right now. I could eat them all! They are quick and easy to make, perfect for when you are tired after work and want something really tasty and healthy.
- 2-3 Tomatoes (or more if you are serving several people)
- Cooking oil of your choice (I like canola as it has a neutral taste. See Making Vegetables Delicious for other cooking oils)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Start the Balsamic reduction (keep extra in the fridge for spicing up dishes the rest of the week).
- Slice the tomatoes into 1/2 inch slices and lay them single layer in a baking dish.
- Season well with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil
- Sprinkle as much parmesan as you like.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until tomatoes are soft and the cheese is browning.
- Drizzle balsamic reduction and Enjoy!!
Nutritional Information: for one tomato with 2 tbsp of Parmesan, 1 tsp of oil and 1 tsp of balsamic reduction.
Calories - 121, Carbs - 5 g, Fat - 8 g, Protein - 5 g, Fibre - 2 g, Sugar - 3 g