Tortellini Salad with Homemade Italian Dressing
- Your choice of Tortellini
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup or more of mozzarella, I used buffalo here
- Your choice of chicken, chorizo or salami
Homemade Italian Dressing (recipe here)
- If you are using chorizo or salami, skip this step. If you are using chicken, cook it first. My go to is to put the chicken in a baking dish with a splash of lemon juice, vegetable oil, salt and pepper and bake for 30-40 minutes at 425 degrees, or until the internal temperature reaches 170. Once cooked, set aside to cool.
- Cook the tortellini following directions on the package. Once cooked, set a side to cool for 20 minutes or so.
- Chop up the mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, and your choice of meat. Once the pasta has cooled, add the chopped veggies, spinach, cheese and meat. Pour the homemade Italian dressing on and toss.